Tuesday 23 April 2013

Asbestos Survey + Brick Samples

Asbestos
An asbestos survey is legal requirement to establish if any asbestos exists on site in order that proper precautions are made during the demolition stage.  The boiler is the only item where I know from checking website schedules that asbestos is present.
Today the ghost busters arrived, shining torches around bright sunlit rooms.  Asking me to step outside my office while a sample of crumbling, textured paint is removed from the wall. Lots of little sample bags containing ceiling, floor and roofing materials, holes in ceilings and walls.  Managed to turnaround the visit in 2 hours compared with the 2/3 day estimate so I am hoping the cost can be reduced a tad.  I am pretty confident that the dangerous items are limited to the boiler and maybe the flue, but we never know, fingers crossed.

Brick Samples
Did not have the guts to throw 2 sample bricks through the Planning Offices window so I delivered them by bike to Reception.  No idea how quickly the Planners can turn around approval of reserved matters could be 8 weeks or more but hoping for much less.  Application should be available online so I may be able to track progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment